Member: Amanda Elmore
1.What led you to CrossFit East Indy and when did you join? My friend Tricia looked amazing and I wanted to look the same. She invited me to come try it out. I joined in August 2019 .
2. What has surprised you the most about CrossFit? The way every member treats everyone like family. I have been to several gyms and have never felt as welcome from day one as I have at CrossFit East Indy.
3. What is the movement that you love the most, and why? Back Squats because I feel like a bad ass lifting heavy weight as a female and because building a booty is what I’ve always wanted.
4. What would you tell someone that is on the fence about CrossFit and not sure whether to try it out or not? If your looking for a gym to test your strength, treat you like family, and give you confidence CrossFit East Indy is for you. Everyone is in a different place with their workouts and every movement can be modified or scaled for your individual level. Also you can try it out for free!
5. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health, and fitness since starting at CrossFit East Indy? (before/after) When I started CrossFit I was 20 pounds over weight, I had no strength, no drive to do anything, no muscle at all and wasn’t very confident with myself. Now 2 years later I have gained muscle, I’m down in body fat, I’m stronger than I have ever been physically and emotionally and most of all I’ve gained confidence that I’m capable of anything I put my mind to and put in the work to achieve. I look forward to going to the gym everyday.
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of thus far? Competing in Strength in our Streets. That was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life and I wanted to quit at times but I kept going for our team and I pulled strength for inside that I didn’t know I had.
7. What do you love most about CrossFit East Indy? I feel like a part of another family with the same goals. That everyone is encouraging and makes you feel so good about yourself when you hit PR’s or just do great at a workout.
8. Other than training, what is the one hobby you most enjoy? Spending time with friends and family.
9. When you need motivation, what do you think about? How I do not want to be fat. haha
10. What is a Fun Fact about yourself: My facial expression looks as if I’m not an approachable person, but I’m one of the nicest most loyal people someone would ever meet.